This article walks through the features and functionality of a request.
- Open a Request
- Request Components
- Requests Workflow
Not finding what you are looking for? View additional resources.
Open a Request
- Sign in to your account
- Click the All Requests tab in the upper-left-hand corner of the Portal dashboard
- Use the Search Request Filter to locate your request
- Select the request number for the request you want to open
- View the request
- Launch RapidReview (Crossed screwdriver and wrench icon): Opens RapidReview for the current request.
- Message Requester (Envelope icon): Opens a message interface to send an external message to the requester.
- Message Staff (Speech bubbles icon): Opens a message interface to send an internal message to assigned staff.
- Add Note (Pencil and paper icon): Opens a text editor to create a note to be submitted to the request's timeline for staff only.
- Add Staff Time (Clock icon): Allows a staff member to log their worked hours for a request and add a description of the work performed during that time.
- Add Invoice (Dollar sign icon): Opens an interface to create an invoice for the cost of the request.
- Add Document (Paperclip icon): Opens the interface to upload or link to documents for the request.
- Pause Request (The universal pause icon): Opens a text editor to post a comment to staff members about what is needed before the request can be resumed. For example, waiting for the requester to provide specific dates and times of their request. Learn how to pause a request.
- Reopen Request (Open envelope icon): Allows the request to be reopened.
- Close Request (Checkmark in a box icon): Opens a text editor to add a message as to why the request was closed.
- Add Task (Checklist icon): Opens an interface to add a task to the request for a specific user and set a Due Date.
- Print Request (Printer icon): Opens NextRequest's print screen to either save or print the request.
You can set the visibility of an individual request, overriding whatever the default organization and department visibility settings are. Learn more about Request Visibility.
- Staff: Only assigned staff members can view the request.
- Published: Visible to the public.
- Department: Only the assigned department(s) can view the request.
- Restricted: Only assigned staff and the requester can view the request.
- Open (Blue folder icon): This indicates that the request is still in the process of being resolved.
- Paused (Grey universal pause icon): The request is open and awaiting a response before it can be continued.
- Closed (Black checkmark in a box icon): The request is complete and no longer requires action.
- Due Soon (Yellow flag icon): This status indicates that the Due Date is approaching.
Note: Review the Due Date and Reminders article for more information on how to set the Due Soon reminders.
- Overdue (Red caution icon): The Due Date has passed without the request being resolved.
- Due: The date that the request should be completed.
- Received: The date that the request was submitted by the requester.
Note: Review the Due Date and Reminders article for more information on how a request's due date and received date are calculated.
The Request panel contains the details/description of the request.
This area contains information about the person who submitted the request.
- Requester Name (Person icon): The preferred name of the requester.
- Contact Email (Envelope icon): An email address that can be used to contact the requester.
- Address (Location icon): The requester's address.
- Phone Number (Phone icon): A phone number that can be used to contact the requester.
- View Email Status: Opens the email status panel to view the status of external emails.
- Timeline: The Timeline keeps track of all actions that were performed on the request.
- Documents: The Documents tab lists all of the documents that were uploaded or linked to the request. Learn how to Manage Document Visibility.
- Tasks: The Tasks tab contains a list of all tasks added to the request. Learn how to Add and Manage Tasks.
Staff Assigned Panel
- Departments: Lists the department or departments assigned to the request.
- Point of Contact: The person who communicates with the requester and staff members during the process of completing the request. Learn how to change the point of contact.
- Support Staff: Individual staff members who are assigned to the request.
The Tags panel shows any tags that have been assigned to the request to help search for the request and to clarify who may need to act on the request.
Requests are generally processed in the following manner. For more information, view the Create & Manage Requests article.
- Request entered online by the requester. Staff members can enter requests if they arrive via another way such as fax, email, or phone.
- Email notifications are sent to the requester and Point of Contact.
- Add helpers or change the Point of Contact as necessary. Email notifications are sent to everyone on the request when these actions occur.
- Post messages as necessary to get clarification from a requester or give information to them. Email notifications will be sent to everyone involved when a message is posted.
- Add a document to the request. You can either upload a document directly, provide a link to a document if it's already online, or give a description of how a document can be accessed.
- Close the request once it has been adequately responded to.