Once you and your team are done redacting and reviewing documents they can be released to the requester. If there are a lot of documents, you may want to zip them up into a single document before releasing them.
There are several restrictions on where and how you can release documents in order to prevent documents with draft redactions from being released accidentally. These are:
- Documents that have draft redactions, or which have previously had draft redactions cannot be released under any circumstances within RapidReview. You will need to finalize the redactions before the documents can be released. Draft redactions are not visible on the main request page and documents with draft redactions can be released from there (similar to how unredacted documents can currently be released)
- You can only release multiple documents at once from the Ready to Release tab. Individual documents can be released from any stage as long as they do not have and have never had draft redactions in them.
- Once the document is released it will disappear from RapidReview
- Open the request
- Click the Launch RapidReview (wrench icon) at the top of the screen
- Go to the Ready for Release tab
- Hover over the document name, click the three dots that appear to the right, and select Change Visibility from the list of options that appears
- Or, check the box next to multiple documents you want to release and click the Change document visibility button (eye icon) above the document list
- Select the level of visibility you want from the list
- Public: These documents and links are visible to everybody who has access to the request. If the request is public then anybody who comes to the portal will be able to view the documents and links. If the request is not public, however, any public documents and links on the request will be visible to the requester and all internal staff only.
- Requester + Staff: These documents and links are visible to the requester who made the request that the documents and links were added to, and all staff who have access to the request. Which staff have access to the request is determined by the request's visibility
- Staff Only: These documents and links are visible to all staff who have access to the request. They are not visible to anybody outside of the organization, including the requester. Which staff have access to the request is determined by the request's visibility.
- (Optional) Add a message for the requester and check the Yes, send to requester box
Note: This option is only available if you selected Requester + Staff or Public from the visibility drop-down.
- Click the Save button