Members of the public will find it helpful if you provide them with a link to your NextRequest portal. The best place for this is somewhere on your website, in the same place as other information relating to Public Records Requests. If you are updating individual department pages, you can link directly to the Make a Request page with your department auto-filled in the department selection field!
- Link to Your Portal from Your Website
- Generate Your Department's Make a Request Page Link
Not finding what you are looking for? View additional Portal resources.
Link to Your Portal from Your Website
- Copy the URL for your NextRequest portal from your browser.
Note: The Landing page and the Make a Request page can both be used.
- Paste the link in your website editor, wherever you want to place the link on your website.
Note: If you don't know how to edit the content of your website, talk to someone in IT at your agency - they should be able to help you!
Generate Your Department's Make a Request Page Link
If you are part of a large department you may want to link directly from your department's website to the portal with your department pre-selected for the requester.
Find the Department ID
- Log in to the portal.
- Click the Admin drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the portal dashboard.
- Select Departments from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the department you want to create a link for.
- When the department's page loads, locate the URL address bar.
- In the URL, the number after the last forward slash (/) is the Department ID. The Department ID is unique to the department in your portal and does not have a duplicate in any other portal.
- Example: https://customer-portal.nextrequest.com/admin/departments/17547, the department ID is 17547.
Create a Department Portal Link
Now that you have your department's ID, you're ready to create your unique department portal link.
- Find the Department ID.
- Click the Make Request button in your portal.
- When the Request a Public Record page loads, find the URL address bar.
- Add ?dept_id= to the end of the URL.
- Add the Department ID after the equal (=) sign.
Note: The id is the Department ID found in the Find the Department ID section above.
- Copy the new URL.
- Example: In the end, your URL should look similar to https://customer-portal.nextrequest.com/requests/new?dept_id=17547.
- Paste the URL on your website.