Compressed File Extraction
NextRequest customers can upload compressed files containing multiple files smaller than their original size. Using RapidReview, these files can then be extracted in order to view and redact the original component files.
MSG, EML, or ZIP Files
The tool creates one folder and puts all extracted files in that folder. The folder name will be the same as the file name. The original file automatically moves to the Originals stage and to the top of the list of documents. It will not be in the folder that was newly created.
The tool creates subfolders for each email file that exists within the main PST folder that is created. The names of those subfolders are the names of the subject lines of each email. Any attachments on the email threads will also be included in those subfolders. The original file automatically moves to the Originals stage and to the top of the list of documents. It will not be in the folder that was newly created.
When files are extracted in RapidReview, the system deduplicates the file so that no two of the same email will appear in your list of extracted files. Emails are considered the same only when they contain the exact same Message-ID. Attachments contained within duplicate emails will also be removed during deduplication.
- Emails with the same content but different emails on the send/CC/BCC list will have a different Message-ID. These are considered unique and will not be deduplicated.
- Attachments are only deduplicated if they are part of duplicate emails with the same Message-ID.
- PST files that include Microsoft Teams messages are not extractable in RapidReview. To upload, view, and redact, you must first export your Teams messages as a PDF or other file type.
- Email attachments (part of a .msg or .eml file) must have file names of 255 characters or less in order to be extracted.
Open the request
- Click Launch RapidReview (wrench icon) on a request
- Check the boxes next to the file(s) you’d like to extract
- Click the Extract files icon in the toolbar above the list of documents
- A message will appear that says your file is being extracted and once it’s finished, you will see a green message that says “Processing complete!”